From the Desk of Local 1000 Board Chair Bill Hall
In the midst of this important election season, I was reflecting on our civic duties as citizens. Our responsibility to our Union is just as important. With all the hard work being done by our staff and member leaders for our represented members and our Union, we must continue to build support and strengthen our resolve. Our number one priority is continuing the momentum we have built behind our Contract Campaign. Obstacles will be thrown in our way by those who seek to distract and disrupt, but under the leadership of our current officers, we are determined to succeed.
- Leaders and staff continue to prepare for the upcoming Board
of Directors Meeting on December 3 & 4. Notices and Registration
details have already been sent to board members.
- We are moving forward with nonmember recruitment in an
ongoing effort to grow our membership and strengthen our Union.
We will have some exciting new initiatives to announce soon.
- As part of our contract campaign plan, we plan to send
members bargaining surveys in the near future. Please keep
an eye out for these in your email.
- With election day now past, we hope you took the time to get
out to the polls and exercise your constitutional right.
- Planning is under way to help those in need during the
holiday season, and this includes hat and coat drives and canned
and nonperishable food drives for members. Please watch for
communications from your union representative, DLC leadership,
and statewide representatives in the near future.
- Your leadership team is also working with SEIU International
on extending our resource agreement into 2023. This will
bring needed expertise into Local 1000 to assist on our ongoing
membership and contract campaigns.
- Planning and execution is underway on the Local 1000
“Committee on the Future” (COF). The Board will be approving
COF members at the December Meeting. Once this is completed, we
will be bringing on an expert in union governance in early
January to lead the Committee’s work.
- Finally, a note of respect and gratitude to all of our
military service members past and present. Happy Veterans
- Thank you for your support.
William (Bill) Hall
Board Chair, SEIU Local 1000