Members vote “Yes” to ratify new contract!
SEIU Local 1000 members have voted overwhelmingly in favor of ratifying the Tentative Agreement (TA) with the State of California.
The breakdown by bargaining unit of members that voted ‘Yes’ in person, by mail, or electronically is as follows:
Unit 1 - 76%
Unit 3 - 88%
Unit 4 - 85%
Unit 11 - 85%
Unit 14 - 97%
Unit 15 - 96%
Unit 17 - 66%
Unit 20 - 81% *There was a typographical error in the initial announcement of this result, which has now been corrected. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.
Unit 21 - 86%
Highlights of the new contract include:
- 10% General Salary Increase — 3% retroactive to July 2023, 3% on July 1, 2024, and 4% on July 1, 2025 — through the term of the contract*
- $165 Direct Monthly Premium Health Care Stipend with no expiration date
- Nearly 170 Special Salary Adjustments and 150+ Wage Equity Adjustments that together impact over 40,000 Local 1000 workers
- 0.5% reduction in OPEB, our worker retiree health care plan
- Health Care Facility Retention Payments on three levels to eligible employees who worked onsite or provided in-person services more than 50% of the time during the pandemic
The California Legislature must now vote on the agreement’s economic provisions and any legal changes prior to implementation. Once the bill receives legislative approval, the agreement goes to the Governor for his signature.
Check back here for updates on the Tentative Agreement. You can read a summary of the TA here.
*On July 1, 2025, all Local 1000 employees will receive a 4% GSI as long as the Department of Finance determines they can fund the entire amount. Otherwise, it may be adjusted downward by 1%.