CCHCS Layoff Update
Team reaches agreement with the state to reduce impact of Phase 3 Staff Reductions
On September 23, 2014, the Local 1000 negotiating team came to an agreement with CalHR and California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) regarding the 2014 Phase 3 Staff Reductions. Some of the highlights of the agreement include:
- Surgical Nurses will now be able to demote into the Registered Nurse classification;
- Clinical Laboratory Technologists and Senior Clinical Laboratory Technologists will be afforded the opportunity to take the exam for Senior and Supervising positions;
- All those on State Restriction of Appointment (SROA) status will now be put on Department Restriction of Appointments (DROA) status which gives them priority consideration for vacant positions they apply for within the Department, statewide;
- In-house Employment Pools for Registered Nurses and Licensed
Vocational Nurses, which allows the state to hire state employees
on an intermittent basis;
- This affords those who may otherwise be laid off the opportunity to apply for positions in the in-house Employment Pools;
- The Department will utilize the interim bid process to rectify any anomalies in the post and bid ratios for preferred shift, RDO and work location; and
- The Union can request a local meeting to discuss the split in positions.
Click to view the entire agreement
Starting September 29th, CCHCS will begin options meetings at the impacted facilities. The team is currently working on gathering members and staff to attend these meetings.
Click to view the Options Meetings Calendar