Local 1000 Leadership in Action – A Report from Board Chair Bill Hall
As we move into the final quarter of 2022 and the time to bargain our new contract draws nearer, the work to move forward and build membership continues.
- Last week along with staff and two Job Stewards I was in DLC
741 on the final DLC Tour stop. We had over 87 conversations and
signed seven new members.
- We prepared for and held the September Board of Directors
(BOD) Meeting. As part of the September BOD, we passed several
important items, including:
- A proposal for the September 2023 Board meeting to cover
seven days and focus on governance.
- A proposal to form a committee on the future of Local
1000 to study, examine and report recommendations to the BOD
prior to the September 2023 Board Meeting.
- A proposal to form a Hearing Officer Panel to oversee all HR-1s filed against myself and/or the three Vice Presidents. A process consistent with the Policy File is now in place for our Union.
- A proposal for the September 2023 Board meeting to cover seven days and focus on governance.
- Our 2023 March, September and December Board Meetings will be
in person. All support systems needed to facilitate these events
are in the process of being secured.
- On Tuesday, November 8, 2022, we have another critical election where Californians will be voting for Governor, Secretary of State, Attorney General, and other important posts. We hold the power to elect leaders who represent our values, and we encourage you to get involved. For more information about how to get involved and a list of our endorsements, visit www.seiu1000.org/vote-ca
Thank you for your support.
William (Bill) Hall
Board Chair, SEIU Local 1000