District Labor Council (DLC) 850
State Bar Attorney Unit and General Unit are now DLC 850
Starting in 2021, the State Bar leadership will be elected in accordance with Local 1000’s Policy File and Bylaws.
- Three-year terms.
- Nomination period begins in January and runs to second Monday in February 2020.
- Candidates need to be certified as a steward to be nominated
- Elections held in spring
- Term of office starts June 30
DLC Leadership Positions:
- DLC President
- DLC Vice President/Chief Steward
- DLC Secretary
- DLC Treasurer
Worksite Locals (SF and LA) Positions:
- Worksite Local Senior Steward- Attorney Unit-SF
- Worksite Local Senior Steward- General Unit- SF
- Worksite Local Senior Steward- Attorney Unit-LA
- Worksite Local Senior Steward- General Unit- LA
- Worksite Local Secretary/Treasurer – SF
- Worksite Local Secretary/Treasurer – LA
Bargaining Unit Negotiating Committee (BUNC) Positions:
- District Bargaining Unit Representative (DBURs):
- 3 for the General Unit SF
- 2 for the Attorney Unit SF
- 3 for the General Unit LA
- 2 for the General Unit LA
(BUNC Chair, Vice Chair, and Alternate Vice Chair are selected by the DBURs after the election.)
Interested in becoming a steward and running for office? Click here to download the application form.
Please submit all application and required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance with your application, please call the Member Resource Center (MRC) at 866.471.SEIU (7348).