UPDATE: Quality Assurance (QA) form
On January 22, 2019, our Union met with the State Compensation Insurance Fund (State Fund) to discuss the introduction of a monthly Quality Assurance (QA) form and process for Medical Provider (MP) phone agents located within the Claims Processing Center.
Some of the major details from the negotiations regarding the monthly quality assurance form and process include:
- This implementation is to provide opportunities for coaching and training for employees using a peer to peer process, wherein the QA Agent will review three random calls of the MP agent from the prior month for audit.
- If employees are not satisfied with the audit results, employees can appeal the findings to their supervisor and review the audited call(s) with the possibility of changing the audit results.
- Our bargaining team proposed the department utilize a supervisory level employee or a Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster from a separate unit to conduct audits.
- State Fund rejected this proposal stating the QA Agent will follow a separate chain of command and the Workers’ Compensation Claims Adjuster QA Agent is the best equipped to conduct these audits because of their experience and familiarity with this body of work.
- Our bargaining team strongly expressed concerns about this implementation changing the work environment for all impacted employees and urged the department to consistently monitor the impact this implementation will have on employees and overall office morale.