2020 U4All Leadership Application
Who we elect matters. Candidates who support state workers are just the beginning. They must also have a plan – with real policies and action – to improve the lives of our members and all Californians.
We are recruiting member-leaders in the 2020 election cycle to anchor efforts for the upcoming elections. If you are interested in playing a leadership role with our union in the 2020 election, please review the criteria and submit an application. Applications are due Wednesday, September 4, 2019.
Minimum Requirements to Apply:
- Must contribute at least $10/month to COPE
- Must be an active member leader advancing the program of the union
- Must use your own time to attend a Leadership Summit in Los Angeles from 10/03-10/06
- Must attend an Organizational 2020 Election Kick-Off (after the Los Angeles Summit)
- Must be willing to volunteer for political events and activities between October 2019 – November 2020
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Anchor union political activities and/or events in your home region
- Train and recruit members to take action
- Attend and/or lead community events
- Facilitate one-on-one conversations and worksite meetings to grow our union membership and Committee on Political Education
- Provide ongoing education to members in your region on union values, campaign issues, and organizing
If you’re interested, please fill out the application below by Wednesday, September 4, 2019.