CalPERS open enrollment period has started
Educate yourself on your coverage options and changes
Open Enrollment for CalPERS members started September 14 and ends October 9. Changes made during this open enrollment period take effect January 1, 2016. During this time, eligible employees may:
Enroll in a CalPERS health plan if you don’t currently have CalPERS health coverage
- Add dependents to your health coverage
- Remove dependents from your health coverage
- Change your CalPERS health plan
- Cancel your current CalPERS health coverage
- Contact your health benefits officer or human resources department for required forms and documentation to make a health plan change.
If you are keeping your current plan and aren’t making any changes, you don’t need to do anything. But there could be changes to your coverage that you should make yourself aware of.
You can compare premiums for different health plans and see the contribution rates online with CalHR’s benefits calculator, available online at http://eservices.dpa.ca.gov/BenefitsCalculatorExternal/Default.aspx
For more information, visit the CalPERS home page at calpers.ca.gov or call 1-888 CalPERS (888-225-7377).