CSEA Announces New Scholarship Opportunity
With the cost of higher education spiraling ever upward, working families across California are constantly on the lookout for any opportunity to help finance their children’s education.
The California State Employees Association (CSEA) believes every act, regardless of how seemingly small, helps turn the world into a better place for all of us. That’s why CSEA is committed to investing in individual potential by helping students get a solid education.
That’s why the CSEA Foundation recently announced a new scholarship opportunity available through calcsea.org. Applicants must be a union member, self, child, grandchild, or spouse of a California State Employee Association affiliate member:
- ACSS (Association of California State Supervisors)
- California State Retirees
- CSUEU (California State University Employees Union)
- SEIU Local 1000
- UAW Local 2350
Further criteria and information needed from applicants includes:
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 (based on 4.0 point system)
utilizing grades in all subjects taken in grades 10, 11, and the
first semester of 12. College students grade point average will
be for years attended.
- Complete an essay of 500 words or more (must include word
count), expressing personal goals, financial need, and how this
scholarship will benefit your academic goals.
- Provide copies of high school or university transcripts.
**Due to pandemic, the Foundation will accept official and unofficial transcripts. The Foundation reserves the right to verify all transcripts submitted.
- Submit a summary of any honors received, community service
work, participation in extracurricular activities, and/or work
- Submit two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, coaches, employers, or supervisors.
Applications are available here, or you can visit the CSEA Foundation website at www.calcsea.org/Home/Foundation/Scholarship-Application for a fillable application. Please follow the submission guidelines on the application, and good luck!