From the Desk of Local 1000 Board Chair Bill Hall
Thursday, April 21, 2022
Led by our executive leadership team and Board of Directors, SEIU Local 1000 continues to focus on initiatives that serve you. Here’s a recap of our efforts over the past week:
- We’re pleased to announce that a Side Letter Agreement was reached on language regarding Bereavement Leave.
- A Side Letter Agreement was also reached on language for Section 18.1 (F)(4), an update to the annual Leave language.
- Heather Conroy, the Executive Vice President of Public Sector at SEIU International, will visit with your elected officers tomorrow, Friday April 22, 2022, here in Sacramento.
- Along with several additional guests, Ms. Conroy will also address the SEIU Local 1000 Board of Directors on Saturday April 23, 2022, for approximately an hour.
- The SEIU New York Call Center began calling new hires this week as part of our initial effort to improve membership.
- Board Meeting dates have officially been set for the remainder of 2022. These include June 11 and 12, September 24 and 25, and December 3 and 4. Due to the reemergence of Covid around the world and the time for staff to make and possibly cancel reservations, staff recommended we remain virtual for the remainder of 2022. This change will be put on the agenda with the Board of Directors.
- Local 1000 staff also set Board Meeting Dates for 2023, pending Board approval. These include March 25 and 26, June 10 and 11, September 23 and 24, and December 2 and 3.
- Finally, David Jimenez, VP / Secretary-Treasurer, was last night’s guest on Straight Talk, our new Wednesday evening call-in program where represented workers can interact with member and staff leaders. If you weren’t able to catch it live, you can watch the video here. Please help us spread the word by encouraging fellow members to tune in next Wednesday night, April 27 at 6:30 p.m. to hear Sarah McGinn, Local 1000 Apprenticeship Coordinator, discuss “Upward Mobility and the SEIU Local 1000 Apprenticeship Program.”
- Thank you for your support,
William (Bill) Hall
Board Chair, SEIU Local 1000