From the Desk of Local 1000 Board Chair Bill Hall
Thursday, April 14, 2022
We continue to move forward on a number of positive developments focused on the short- and long-term social and economic health of SEIU Local 1000. Here’s a recap of our efforts over the past week:
- As I have mentioned via email and video, over the past several months we have been working closely with our brothers and sisters at SEIU International to resolve issues. As such, with their help, we are planning to begin a new member call campaign from our New York call center the week of April 18.
- Reorganizing the reporting and responsibilities of our staff at the Department Directors level continues. We anticipate finalizing the process in the near future and providing a full update.
- Last night Lezlie Uko, our Director of Union Resource Centers, delivered an insightful presentation about the benefits of Organizing on Straight Talk, our new Wednesday evening call-in program where represented workers can interact with member and staff leaders. As always you can catch a recorded version of the show here. Thank you for your continued interest, and we invite you to participate again next Wednesday, April 20, at 6:30 p.m. with David Jimenez, Vice President / Secretary-Treasurer.
- SEIU Local 1000 staff members continue to telework when and where remote work makes sense. In the interim, negotiating an equitable telework agreement with the State for all Local 1000 represented workers remains a top priority as talks to resolve the issue persist.
- Finally, we’re pleased to announce that Yuri Kvichko has accepted the position of Assistant Chief Council, filling a vacancy created by Terry Witherspoon’s departure. While this is a limited term contract, the current workload facing the Legal Department made filling this position essential. Please join me in welcoming Yuri to Local 1000.
Thank you for your support,
William (Bill) Hall
Board Chair, SEIU Local 1000