Resume Writing DOs
- Review your resume carefully for spelling and grammatical
- Present your information in a neat, organized and
- Outline specific duties for each position listed.
- Include individual accomplishments for each position.
- Detail your responsibilities for each position.
- Use action words; avoid weak or passive language.
- Maintain consistency throughout the entire resume with
display techniques, punctuation, verb tense, dates and spacing.
- Use bullets to describe your duties/responsibilities. Bullets
enable you to present your information in a clear, concise, easy
to read manner. Try to begin each bullet with an action word.
- Make your resume brief, but complete.
- List references on a separate sheet of paper.
- Explain large gaps in employment history.
- Include contact information at top of resume.
Resume Writing DON’Ts
- Include personal information
- List hobbies and interests
- Provide too much information
- Provide false information
- Include outdated or irrelevant information
- Include salary requirements
- Include negative statements