Questions Frequently Asked by Employers
These are not necessarily the exact words, but these questions may be asked in one form or another:
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your interests/hobbies?
- Describe your ideal job.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What motivates you most in a job?
- What can you offer us?
- Who are your role models? Why?
- Are you a team player?
- Name three accomplishments of which you are most proud.
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What skills do you want to improve?
- Have you had difficulty getting along with a co-worker or supervisor? How did you handle it?
- What job related skills have you developed?
- What did you enjoy most about your last job? Least?
- Have you ever quit a job? Why?
- Give an example of a situation in which you provided a solution to an employer.
- Do you volunteer? Where? Doing what?
- How would your co-workers describe you?
- Why do you think you can do the job?
- Do you like to work under supervision or on your own?
- What do you want to be doing in five years? Ten years?
- Give an example of a situation in which you worked under deadline pressure?