Research Data Analyst Meet and Confer
On May 30, 2018, SEIU Local 1000 met with the California Department of Human Resources (CalHR) to discuss the proposed consolidation of the Research Analyst, Research Program Specialist, Operations Research Specialist and Tax Research Specialist Series. This proposed consolidation will reduce the current 37 duplicative parenthetical classifications down to 7 generalized classifications. The consolidation is part of the Governor’s Civil Service Improvement (CSI) Project to reduce the number of existing classifications.
Some of the major details from the negotiations include the following:
- About a dozen different state agencies were consulted on this consolidation effort.
- Implementation is tentatively scheduled to take effect the 1st pay period in August 2018.
- Select flags will be available for competitors to indicate their interest in a specific field in which they want to work, ultimately eliminating the communication for positions they are not interested in.
- This consolidation should make it easier for upward mobility.
- Because of this consolidation effort there will be an expansion of the number of employees receiving a differential in six departments.