Voting is Underway for the General Election. Use your Voice and Vote Now!
The importance of this election can’t be overstated—every race, from president and other national representatives down to the candidates running to represent you at city hall or on the school board. This is an opportunity for working families to elect lawmakers who share our values and believe in better jobs, safer families, and stronger communities.
Local 1000 members, in concert with members of other SEIU unions across the state, have gathered at town halls and had discussions with many candidates about the issues. Having done so, our members voted to endorse ballot measures and candidates with the character and vision to build a California for ALL!
Click here to see a list of SEIU endorsements for the November ballot.
A new way to vote!
This year, all voters can choose how, when, and where to cast their ballot. Among the changes:
- Mailing a vote-by-mail ballot to every active registered voter
- Expanding in-person early voting
- Allowing voters to cast a ballot at any vote center within their county
Ballots returned by mail must be postmarked by November 3, 2020
Ballots returned at a secure ballot drop box must be deposited by 8:00 p.m. on November 3, 2020.
Early voting locations will be available in all counties for at least four days beginning the Saturday before the November 3, 2020, election. There, you’ll find help with voter registration, replacement ballots, accessible voting machines, and language assistance.
Click here to learn more about early voting.
Definition of services available on this website:
- Early Voting: California voters can also vote before Election Day. The early voting period runs from Monday, October 5, 2020 to Monday, November 2, 2020, but dates and hours may vary based on where you live. Early voting and vote-by-mail ballot drop off locations may be found at https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections
- Same Day Voter Registration: Voters can conditionally register and vote after the 15-day voter registration deadline at this location. For more information please go to Same Day Voter Registration
- Ballot Drop-Off: A secured box where vote-by-mail ballots may be dropped off.
Not yet registered to vote? Click here
If you’d like to join the fight and take our voting message to others, click here to step up and get involved.