We can win in November. Become a political volunteer today!
The upcoming elections and ballot initiatives this fall will be among the most important political decisions our country has made in a generation. Beginning the week of October 5th and ending on November 3rd, Californians will make decisions ranging from who will represent us in the State Legislature to whether your city has the power to stop out-of-control rent hikes.
We will decide whether Uber and Lyft drivers should receive basic worker guarantees like minimum wage and sick days. And we’ll also decide if we want to fully fund our schools to restore the education system for which California was once renowned.
A global pandemic has taught us that electing the right leadership is literally a matter of life and death. And yes, that includes deciding who will lead us as president.
What’s at stake for working families:
- Having the resources needed to ensure all children receive a
quality education, regardless of their zip code.
- Ensuring rideshare drivers get the protections other
employees receive, such as a minimum wage and sick leave.
- Allowing local communities to pass rent stabilization laws.
How you can make a difference:
- You can help by contacting fellow Local 1000 members and our
communities about the importance of this election and how
important it is to vote.
- You can sign up for a few shifts to help spread the word.
- You can share your Union’s positions on these important
(YES on Proposition 15; NO on Proposition 22)
For more information on how you can help, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org