Social Media Policy
We welcome your participation and comments on the SEIU Local 1000 social media channels. Our online sites are governed by the general rules of respectful civil discourse. While we do not verify the identity of participants, we do hold users fully responsible for everything that you post. As such, SEIU Local 1000 does not discriminate against any views, but we may monitor user-generated content, and we reserve the right to hide content without consent.
Here are the rules we follow:
- As a cornerstone of our community, authenticity helps ensure
people are accountable to each other—and Facebook—in meaningful
ways and that we maintain a safe, trustworthy online environment.
While we encourage the exchange of ideas, we also want to prevent
impersonation and identity misrepresentation. Therefore, we
require those who comment on our social media channels
to use the name they go by in everyday life.
- Please stay on topic.
- Content that is abusive, vulgar, offensive, racist,
threatening, harassing, promotes personal attacks of any kind, or
contains offensive terms that target specific individuals or
groups will not be tolerated.
- Please avoid content that promotes services or products, or
that involves political campaigning or lobbying.
- Gratuitous links to sites and repetitive submissions of the
same (or very similar) content are viewed as spam and may result
in the content being hidden.
- Please avoid content that contains personal information
(whether your own or someone else’s), including home address,
home or cell phone number, or personal e-mail address, in order
to protect privacy.
- Do not post anything that you do not have the right to post
or include links to copyright infringing material. We will not
post comments that appear to post material without permission,
and we will follow a notice and removal procedure for complaints
of copyright violation under the Digital Millennium Copyright
- All user-generated content is released into the public domain unless the participant clearly states otherwise, therefore do not submit anything you do not wish to be broadcast to the general public.