State Bar Steward Application
Starting in 2021, the State Bar leadership will be elected in accordance with Local 1000’s Policy File and Bylaws.
- Three-year terms.
- Nomination period begins in January and runs to second Monday in February 2020.
- Candidates need to be certified as a steward to be nominated
- Elections held in spring
- Term of office starts June 30
DLC Leadership Positions:
- DLC President
- DLC Vice President/Chief Steward
- DLC Secretary
- DLC Treasurer
Worksite Locals (SF and LA) Positions:
- Worksite Local Senior Steward- Attorney Unit-SF
- Worksite Local Senior Steward- General Unit- SF
- Worksite Local Senior Steward- Attorney Unit-LA
- Worksite Local Senior Steward- General Unit- LA
- Worksite Local Secretary/Treasurer – SF
- Worksite Local Secretary/Treasurer – LA
Bargaining Unit Negotiating Committee (BUNC) Positions:
- District Bargaining Unit Representative (DBURs):
- 3 for the General Unit SF
- 2 for the Attorney Unit SF
- 3 for the General Unit LA
- 2 for the General Unit LA
(BUNC Chair, Vice Chair, and Alternate Vice Chair are selected by the DBURs after the election.)
Interested in becoming a steward and running for office? Click here to download the application form.
Please submit all application and required documents to email@example.com
For assistance with your application, please call the Member Resource Center (MRC) at 866.471.SEIU (7348).