Take Action Now
Federal funding is critical at this moment for Californians—and all states—to support state and local governments in ensuring that health care, education, transportation, first responders, and other services continue uninterrupted.
The economic gravity of the shortfall cannot be stressed enough; without further federal aid to state and local governments, California is projected to lose 688,200 private and public jobs by the end of 2021.
The recent resurgence of the virus only compounds the urgency and should dispel all complacency.
The Senate is currently on recess. Despite the urgency of this moment, they have yet to take up the HEROES Act, that was passed by the House, or any other legislation to help working families.
We need you to take action today! We are calling on the Senate to pass a bill that:
- Protects the health and safety of all workers, no matter their race, immigration status, or employment status
- Ensures job, wage, and economic security for all workers
- Invests in public services, not big corporations
- Invests in an economy and democracy that works for all of us
Our Senators in California have expressed support for this legislation. You can call them to let them know:
- Your experience as a state worker in California
- You appreciate their support
- Your demand that they keep the pressure on their Senate colleagues to pass legislation NOW to protect our families and our communities.