I choose to stand together
- with 2 million SEIU members across the country. Click here to see list
of what we are fighting for in Congress.
- I choose to stand together with my union brothers and sisters to protect our wages, our health insurance, our pensions, and our working conditions. Click here to see the list.
I choose to Stand Alone
and suffer from the consequences of the attacks on our wages, our benefits and public services by organizations like the Freedom Foundation.
- Americans for Prosperity states simply: “The federal
government has already provided an unprecedented level of
assistance to state and local governments. More federal bailouts
of state and local governments should be rejected.”
watch my average pay go
- Workers in “Right-to-Work” states make $6,109 less per year than their counterparts in collective bargaining states. State workers in Wisconsin have not been allowed to negotiate a salary increase of more than 2% total for the last seven years.
- see our political power weaken so I don’t have a union to
fight legislation that cuts my benefits.
- Members in Wisconsin saw an immediate 24% cutback to their benefits with the passage of anti-union legislation in 2010. Workers in Wisconsin have lost the right to negotiate over benefits, retirement, and working conditions.
Without a union:
- Employers act unchecked, lowering wages and cutting
- State legislatures are free to pass laws that shift costs to working people, erode voting rights, and exempt corporations from paying their fair share.
- Employers act unchecked, lowering wages and cutting benefits