Cybersecurity Apprenticeship Program
SEIU Local 1000 is currently recruiting candidates for our inaugural cohort of the Cybersecurity Apprenticeship Program. The Cybersecurity Apprenticeship Program is offered jointly by SEIU Local 1000, California Department of Human Resources (CalHR), and American River College (ARC). This program is designed to provide state employees, who meet specific criteria, with cybersecurity education, skills, and experience.
This opportunity is being offered to members working for the departments listed below. Also listed below is the location(s) of each corresponding opportunity.
- California Department of Technology (CDT); Sacramento
- Department of Child Support Services (DCSS); Sacramento
- Department of General Services (DGS); Statewide Opportunity
- Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV); Sacramento
- Department of Rehabilitation (DOR); Statewide Opportunity
- Department of Social Services (DSS); Sacramento
- Employment Development Department (EDD); Sacramento
- Franchise Tax Board (FTB); Sacramento
- State Compensation Insurance Fund (State Fund); Sacramento, Vacaville or Pleasanton
If selected, apprentices enter a training and development assignment in an IT security role for a period of up to two years. During this time, they receive on-the-job training within their current department and related instruction in cybersecurity, networking, and information security through American River College. At the conclusion of the program, apprentices will meet the minimum qualifications to apply for an IT Specialist I classification!
In order to apply, you must complete and submit either the electronic or printed application packet for the Cybersecurity Apprenticeship Program Application no later than 5:00 p.m. on July 9, 2021. Interviews will be held this summer, and classes are scheduled to being as early as Fall 2021.
to American River College for the Fall 2021 semester.
- Complete and submit the Apprenticeship Application online or via mail.