Our new contract puts more money in your pocket See how much
Earlier this week, Gov. Newsom signed the bill that made our agreement with the State a law — and a contract! After four-plus months of bargaining, and with the support of thousands of our represented employees taking action, we have a deal, but … what’s the deal?
The highlights of what we won include a 10% general salary increase, more than 300 special wage and salary adjustments, reductions in our pre-retirement funding, plus a health care stipend.
There’s a way for you to get a clearer picture of how our new contract will affect you and your personal finances: an online calculator that will closely estimate how our new contract’s economic provisions will affect you directly.
Click here to estimate how this new contract puts more money in your pocket with our payroll calculator.
Our contract contains literally hundreds of sections that govern our wages, benefits, and working conditions. You can read more contact details here.
Highlights of the new contract include:
• 10% General Salary Increase — 3% retroactive to July 2023, 3% on July 1, 2024, and 4% on July 1, 2025.
• $165 Direct Monthly Premium Health Care Stipend with no expiration date
• Nearly 170 Special Salary Adjustments and 150+ Wage Equity Adjustments
• 0.5% reduction in OPEB, our worker retiree health care plan
• Health Care Facility Retention Payments on three levels to eligible employees who worked onsite or provided in-person services more than 50% of the time during the pandemic