Stewards (MOU) Training Session
We hope this email finds you well. We are excited to inform you about the upcoming Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) training sessions, which are a required step for all stewards in fulfilling their training requirements and ensuring the successful implementation of our new contract.
- Training Goals: Our training sessions have been designed with several key goals in mind:
- Understanding the Contract: The primary goal is to ensure that all stewards have a comprehensive understanding of the new language in the contract.
- Compliance and Adherence: These sessions will educate you on your rights and obligations under the new MOU, as per Policy File 6.1.03.
- Empowerment and Engagement: Training sessions will empower stewards by providing them with the knowledge and skills needed to actively participate in enforcing the contract and advocating for their rights in the workplace.
- Effective Communication: Training will emphasize the importance of effective communication between the union leadership and members. It is important that everyone is on the same page and delivering the same message.
- Building Solidarity: Training sessions will raise a sense of solidarity and unity among members. It will provide an opportunity for stewards to come together, discuss the new contract language, share concerns or questions, and develop strategies for supporting and advocating for each other.
Training Options: We understand the importance of flexibility and accessibility for all stewards, which is why we’re offering two convenient training formats:
In-Person Trainings: We encourage all stewards to consider attending our in-person sessions. There’s no substitute for the camaraderie and engagement of in-person training. Please find the schedule below and register here.
In-person Trainings are being offered in each area for easy access for all stewards. We encourage all stewards to try to attend the in-person trainings to be able to see their fellow stewards in person. Nothing can replace the experience of in-person trainings. Below is a chart of the dates and locations for in-person trainings:
Zoom Webinars: For job stewards who cannot attend in person, we are offering training sessions via Zoom on the following dates:
- Sunday, Dec. 3, 2023 (10am-2pm)
Registration for trainings: Click here to register for the date and location you would like to attend before close of business Monday, Oct. 9, 2023.
If you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to reach out to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the Member Resource Center (MRC) at 866.471.SEIU (7348).
Thank you for your dedication and commitment to Local 1000.