From the Desk of Local 1000 Board Chair Bill Hall
As we move into the final quarter of 2022 and the time to bargain our new contract draws nearer, the work to move forward and build membership continues.
- Last week along with staff and two stewards I was in DLC 741
on the final DLC Tour stop. We had over 87 conversations and
signed seven new members.
- We prepared for and held the September Board of Directors
Meeting. As part of the September BOD, we passed several
important items, including:
- A proposal for the September 2023 Board meeting to cover
seven days and focus on governance.
- A proposal to form a committee on the future of Local 1000 to study, examine and report recommendations to the BOD prior to the September 2023 Board Meeting.
- We prepared for and held the September Board of Directors Meeting. As part of the September BOD, we passed several important items, including:
- A proposal to form a Hearing Officer Panel to oversee all
HR-1s filed against myself and/or the three Vice
Presidents. A process consistent with the Policy File is
now in place for our Union.
- Our 2023 March, September and December Board Meetings will be in person. All support systems needed to facilitate these events are in the process of being secured.
On Tuesday, November 8, 2022, we have another critical election where Californians will be voting for Governor, Secretary of State, Attorney General, and other important posts. We hold the power to elect leaders who represent our values, and we encourage you to get involved. For more information about how to get involved and a list of our endorsements, visit www.seiu1000.org/vote-ca
Thank you for your support.
William (Bill) Hall
Board Chair, SEIU Local 1000