News and Updates from Local 1000 Board Chair Bill
We continue to move forward on a number of positive developments focused on the short- and long-term social and economic health of SEIU Local 1000. Here’s a recap of our efforts over the past week:
- As I have mentioned via email and video, over the past
several months we have been working closely with our brothers and
sisters at SEIU International to resolve issues. As such, with
their help, we are planning to begin a New Member call campaign
from our New York call center the week of April 18.
- Reorganizing the reporting and responsibilities of our staff
at the Department Directors level continues. We anticipate
finalizing the process in the near future and providing a full
- On April 13, Lezlie Uko, our Director of Union Resource
Centers, delivered an insightful presentation about the benefits
of organizing on Straight Talk, our new Wednesday
evening call-in program where represented workers can interact
with Member and staff leaders. As always you can catch a recorded
version of the show here.
Thank you for your continued interest, and we invite you to
participate again next Wednesday, April 20, at 6:30 p.m. with
David Jimenez, Vice President / Secretary-Treasurer.
- Local 1000 staff members continue to telework when and where
remote work makes sense. In the interim, negotiating an equitable
telework agreement with the State for all Local 1000-represented
workers remains a top priority as talks to resolve the issue
- Finally, we’re pleased to announce that Yuri Kvichko has accepted the position of Assistant Chief Counsel, filling a vacancy created by Terry Witherspoon’s departure. While this is a limited term contract, the current workload facing the Legal Department made filling this position essential. Please join me in welcoming Yuri to Local 1000.
Thank you for your support,
Bill Hall, Local 1000 Board Chair