On Monday, September 28, 2020, our Contact Tracing Team won an agreement with the State regarding contact tracing assignments! This hard fought victory comes after months of discussion and negotiations after the Governor tasked State workers to be reassigned to assist local health agencies with contact tracing.
The Contact Tracing Team developed the negotiation strategy and proposals around their conversations with members, and focused on ensuring all employees selected are treated fairly, compensated appropriately, and are given the opportunity to succeed and thrive in not only their contact tracing assignments, but their State careers as well. The team held strong to their focus throughout the negotiations, and their hard work and dedication paid off, winning a great agreement.
Specifically, the agreement provides for:
- Out-of-class pay and experience credit at the Staff Services
Analyst level for all employees performing contact tracing in
classifications below SSA
- Bilingual pay with self-certification
- Guarantee that contact tracing will not result in loss of any
compensation (except PLP 2020)
- Return rights and early return options for medical
considerations or employees with children distance learning
- Benefits for employees on contact tracing assignment,
including refresher training, state equipment, performance
appraisals, and ergonomic evaluations
- Protection for employees on contact tracing assignments from
getting assigned additional work from their home departments
- Outsourcing protection
The full agreement can be found here.