2021 Year in Review – 10 Point Plan
President Richard Louis Brown’s 10-Point Plan for a Stronger Union
Our efforts to build a stronger union with a focus on labor representation and contract enforcement is guided by President Brown’s 10-point platform, commitments made during the campaign process, and principles driving our evolution away from the long-standing status quo.
“As the leader of the largest public sector union in the great state of California I will NOT be bullied by this current Governor regarding the violation of our legally bargained contract! We are a true labor union that protects all of its represented employees equally.” – President Richard Louis Brown
10-POINT PLAN & REDUCE DUES BY 50%
- Create new financial spending (NO POLITICS & NON-GERMANE ACTIVITIES). This includes SEIU Local 1000 staff FINALLY getting guaranteed medical retirement benefits-end the hypocrisy!!
- Eliminate SALARY STIPENDS & TIME
REQUIREMENTS for ALL volunteer elected
- Create a two-term limit
for ALL volunteer elected positions.
- Create a single Union membership class
where ALL have the same voting rights and job
stewardship regardless of paying status.
- Create transparent accountability by
publishing ALL questions along with the answers on a
new Union secured website available to ALL represented
- Create guaranteed enforceable Union contracts by finally
hiring a TEAM of college-educated experienced
professional labor negotiators to aggressively fight for
substantial compensation (21%) that includes GEOpay and COLA
- Create trust and accountability through videotaping 1) the
entire voting process (printing, mailing, opening and counting
envelopes with their ballots) and 2) quarterly General
- Eliminate the 3.5% OPEB-CERBT deduction from
- Create and use a strike fund to support lengthy contract
- Create a new, independent Local 1000 identity.