Meet & Confer with CA State Lottery on COVID-19 Safety Protocols
On Wednesday, January 26, 2022, our Union, led by Lottery Job Stewards, had a Meet and Confer with the California State Lottery (Lottery) to address issues with implementation and enforcement of the California State Lottery COVID-19 Safety Protocol. The job steward team is continuously and consistently holding Lottery accountable for health and safety violations related to COVID-19. Considering Lottery field staff work with the public daily, holding Lottery accountable for mandates on COVID Testing and N95 Masks is a top priority.
- Lottery acknowledges a need for more consistent and thorough communication
- Lottery acknowledges they have struggled to procure and distribute ample COVID-19 testing supplies
- Lottery acknowledges challenges with acquiring and distributing N95 masks across the state
- Sacramento is currently piloting self-testing. The next locations to roll out testing will be Milpitas, Richmond, and Fresno
- Lottery job stewards have requested training on how to properly wear N95 masks
This is an ongoing issue Lottery job stewards are continuing to address. If you are feeling unsafe because of a lack of implementation and enforcement of COVID-19 safety protocols or anything related to COVID-19 safety, please contact the SEIU Local 1000 Member Resource Center (MRC) 866.471.SEIU (7348). Also reach out to your Lottery job steward team. You can also reach out to your Bargaining Unit Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com