Transfer of Leave Credits, Work and Family Program
Article 8.8 of your union contract defines your right to transfer leave credits. Your Local 1000 contract guarantees family medical leave, parental leave or adoption leave.
- Leave credits can be transferred between family members or to other persons residing in the immediate household who are also state employees.
- Leave credits can be transferred from one or more employees to another employee for financial hardship due to injury or the prolonged illness of the employee.
- Leave credits include Compensated Time Off (CTO), personal leave, annual leave, vacation, personal day, and/or holiday credit. Sick leave credits cannot be transferred.
- Transfers must be approved by the department director or designee and in accordance with departmental policies.
- Transfer of leave credits are permitted between departments.
- The receiving employee must have exhausted all leave credits prior to receiving donated leave.