Catastrophic Leave


Catastrophic Leave
Transfer of Leave Credits, Work and Family Program

Article 8.8 of your union contract defines your right to transfer leave credits. Your Local 1000 contract guarantees family medical leave, parental leave or adoption leave.

  • Leave credits can be transferred between family members or to other persons residing in the immediate household who are also state employees.
  • Leave credits can be transferred from one or more employees to another employee for financial hardship due to injury or the prolonged illness of the employee.
  • Leave credits include Compensated Time Off (CTO), personal leave, annual leave, vacation, personal day, and/or holiday credit. Sick leave credits cannot be transferred.
  • Transfers must be approved by the department director or designee and in accordance with departmental policies.
  • Transfer of leave credits are permitted between departments.
  • The receiving employee must have exhausted all leave credits prior to receiving donated leave.

Member in need
Ms. Leticia Egan

Date Received: Jan 8, 2021

Member Name: Leticia Egan, Registered Nurse at California State Prison – Los Angeles

Department: California State Prison – Los Angeles

Reason: She has battled cancer for years now and just returned to work the beginning of January. On January 8, she was a victim of domestic violence and is hospitalized once again. Unfortunately, due to her previous medical issues, she has exhausted all of her leave credits.

To donate: CDCR CCHCS employees may fill out the Catastrophic Leave Time Bank Donation Authorization Form (CDC 869) and submitted it to their Personnel Office.  State employees in other departments who wish to donate should contact their own Personnel Office for the appropriate procedure.


Member in need
Warren Cummings, Teacher

Date Received: Jan 12, 2021

Member Name: Warren Cummings, Teacher (High School – General Education), DLC 705 / BU 3,                            

Department: California Rehabilitation Center, Norco

Reason: Our Union brother, Warren Cummings has exhausted his leave balance and is in need of donations.

To Donate: If you work for CDCR, please complete the California Department of Corrections Form 869 (Catastrophic Time Bank Donation Authorization) and submit it to your personnel office. If you work for another state agency, please contact your personnel office for the proper procedure to donate.

Human Resources Department contact:
California Rehabilitation Center
Personnel Office
P. O Box 1841
Norco, CA 92860-0991 
Phone #: 951.273.2945