Article 8.8 of your union contract defines your right to transfer leave credits. Your Local 1000 contract guarantees family medical leave, parental leave or adoption leave.
- Leave credits can be transferred between family members or to other persons residing in the immediate household who are also state employees.
- Leave credits can be transferred from one or more employees to another employee for financial hardship due to injury or the prolonged illness of the employee.
- Leave credits include Compensated Time Off (CTO), personal leave, annual leave, vacation, personal day, and/or holiday credit. Sick leave credits cannot be transferred.
- Transfers must be approved by the department director or designee and in accordance with departmental policies.
- Transfer of leave credits are permitted between departments.
- The receiving employee must have exhausted all leave credits prior to receiving donated leave.